We’d love to see YOU in our Clyde dental office. Why? Because we want our friends and neighbors to have the kind of dentistry they deserve!
What kind is that? Gentle, compassionate, advanced, modern, beautiful, long-lasting, healthy, customized, and convenient that’s what!
It’s the dentistry near Asheville you have been looking for!
All the Services You Could Ever Need Under One Roof
No one likes a run-around. That’s why your dentists near Asheville, Dr. John Highsmith and Dr. Sylvia Jernigan, have received the advanced training necessary to allow him to offer almost any of the dental services you could ever need, right here in our state-of-the-art dental office. We offer:
- Cosmetic Dentistry – to give you the smile you have been dreaming about with everything from smile makeovers and porcelain veneers to our super-effective whitening methods with Zoom in-office and take-home trays
- Restorative Care – from tooth-colored cavity fillings to super-strengthening crowns, we’ll help your smile regain health and beauty
- General & Preventive Dentistry – to discover and stop issues before they start
- Implant Dentistry – to permanently replace missing teeth for the ultimate in comfort and function
- Sleep Apnea Treatment – to stop your snoring, let you breathe properly through the night, and keep you going strong all day
- TMJ Disorder treatments – balance your bite, bring back function, and stop your pain
- Laser gum care – efficiently and painlessly clears away gum infection, sculpts uneven gums, or allows us to place restorations that otherwise might seem impossible
- Sedation Dentistry – from IV sedation to the revolutionary NUCalm we’ll help you stay relaxed and comfortable through any procedure
Plus we focus on co-discovery during every comprehensive exam. That means that you learn all about the health, care, and maintenance of your smile as we learn all about you!
Why Taking Care of your Smile is Good for More than Your Mouth
You’ll hear your dentists near Asheville say it again and again: Our bodies are an interconnected system, and when something goes wrong in one part, your entire system goes out of balance.
Here are just a few examples of how your mouth and body are connected:
The Periodontal Connection
This is probably the most talked-about connection in recent years – and one of the most important. Year after year, study after study the proof keeps right on coming: Infection in your gums has serious effects on the rest of your body. That’s major news when you consider that at least 64.7 million people in the US have some level of periodontal or gum disease. When gums are healthy, they act as a barrier to pathogens entering your body. When they are infected, they become a direct-delivery system of destructive bacteria to your bloodstream resulting in issues such as:
- Heart attacks
- Diabetic complications
- Lung disease
- Pregnancy issues, early labor, and low birth-weights
- Kidney disease
What better reason could we have for encouraging our patients to keep up with their dental services? Your dentist near Asheville doesn’t just look at your gums and evaluate their health during comprehensive exams. He and his team check them at every, single visit! Read more about Periodontal (Gum) Disease.
The Jaw and Bite Connection
The way your teeth and jaw interact, even the strain on your jaw muscles, can have very uncomfortable results for your physical health. TMJ disorder can lead to:
- Upper body pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Mood disorders
- Sleep apnea
- and more.
Fortunately, if you suffer from TMJ disorder, your dentists near Asheville, Drs. John Highsmith and Sylvia Jernigan , are specially trained to discover, diagnose, and treat your TMJ disorder– comfortably and non-invasively. Read more about TMJ Therapy
The Sleep Apnea Connection
Do you snore? Has anyone told you you stop breathing while you sleep or suddenly gasp for breath? You could have sleep apnea, a sleep-breathing disorder with far-reaching health effects. Sleep apnea can lead to symptoms and health problems such as:
- Extreme daytime sleepiness and chronic fatigue
- Morning headaches
- Irritability and mood disorders
- Impaired memory and judgment
- Chest pain
- Tooth damage
- Sudden death
Your dentists near Asheville can help. We have take-home sleep apnea tests and CPAP alternative treatments to help you get the sleep you need. Read more about Sleep Apnea.
Clearly, taking advantage of all the comprehensive services your dentist near Asheville provides is a great way to take care of all of your body and your smile!