Have you been looking for an outstanding dental office in Clyde? One that takes care of you and your family with as much care, compassion, and excellence as we would offer our own family? Whose dentist is so skilled and highly regarded that he taught for years at one of the most prestigious dental training centers in the country. One that puts your needs, your concerns, and your schedule first?
You just found all that and more at the practice of John Highsmith, DDS. We’d love to be your Asheville and Clyde choice for dentistry.
Efficiency, Professionalism, Comfort
When it comes to going to the dentist in Asheville, those are some really comforting words, and the team at our dental office in Clyde is committed to them. We always provide dentistry of the highest standards in an efficient, professional manner. And we love using our skills and knowledge to keep you comfortable while we address your individual needs.
The truth is, we want you to become part of our smile family and experience dental visits that feel more like spending time with friends. That’s why we work so hard to get to know you as the special person you are. It’s also why we spend so much time with you at your first appointment, talking, listening, and understanding your hopes and dreams about your mouth and smile.
A Commitment to Education
Part of our commitment to you is a commitment to learning the latest and best techniques available in dentistry. It’s one of the things our Clyde dental office is known for! Dr. Highsmith travels all over the country to further his education, and takes hundreds of hours of continuing education–well over the 15 hours per year required by the state!
And his passion for education doesn’t stop at his own learning: He continues to teach other dentists the latest techniques in occlusion and cosmetic dentistry. Now that’s dedication!
Quality You Can Count On
Our Clyde dental office uses the techniques and materials that we would use when treating our own, or our families’, smiles. It’s true. And we supplement all of our care with technology for efficiency, effectiveness, and precision.
- We use high power magnification in diagnosis and treatment
- The funny-looking goggles that Dr. Highsmith wears are 4.8 power loupes that greatly magnify the area of treatment. He also uses additional illumination in the form of a fiber optic headlamp
- We inspect all impressions with a microscope in the lab and also use the microscope to trim temporary crown and other restorations
- Laser dentistry allows Dr. Highsmith to treat all kinds of soft-tissue issues without the need for stitches
- We rely on LANAP periodontal care to treat gum disease with a method proven to remove infected tissue, regenerate periodontal tissue, reduce gum pocket depth, stimulate new bone growth, and encourage gum reattachment
- We offer NUcalm to help you relax, naturally and easily, through any procedure
- We never let early tooth decay or gum disease slip by us because we use the DIAGNOdent device for the earliest detection possible
It all comes down to investing in quality because we are invested in you!
An In-Office Laboratory
If all that technology, training, and passion for excellence wasn’t enough to win you over to choosing our Clyde dental office as your smile’s home, how about this? We have an in-house dental lab!
Very few dental offices have dental labs as a part of the office. Our lab uses microscopes in all phases of constructing your crowns and onlays to ensure proper fit. For cosmetic cases, only a lab technician with a true artist’s touch is good enough for your front teeth, and ours are the best in the country.
Outstanding Customer Service
Ever go to a dental office in Clyde and sit for an hour next to several people who had the same appointment time as you? That does not happen here. We strive to respect your time and see you when we say we will. Sometimes surprises do happen, and we will keep you informed of any delays. For your comfort, we have a restaurant-quality coffee maker, a selection of teas, and water. Of course, the wide selection of magazines is always up-to-date!
Caring, Competent Staff
We think our Clyde dental office team is simply the best– and when you meet them, you’ll agree! Patients constantly comment on the positive energy that emanates from our excellent staff. Some have been in this practice for over 20 years! Your family will never feel uncomfortable or nervous if we can help it!