The benefits of dental implants in tooth replacement
- Posted on: Jan 15 2020
Replacing a missing tooth can be a confusing time for patients. There are many options available to patients to choose from. Dr. John Highsmith helps Clyde, NC area patients choose the solution best for their smile. For many individual, dental implants are the solid choice!
What is a dental implant?
Dr. John Highsmith describes the dental implant as a titanium post that is placed into the jawbone to act as a false tooth root. This implant has an abutment over the top, which is used to place dental crowns. In some situations, patients may use a full denture to snap into place within the dental implant abutment to provide optimum stabilization. Dental implants are the gold standard in tooth replacement because of the various benefits they provide.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
There are many reasons why patients choose dental implants for tooth replacement. Dental implants:
- Provide a lifetime of repair
- A smart investment in long-term replacement of missing teeth
- Are stronger and more durable than alternatives
- Are long-lasting when properly cared for
- Can be restored with dental crowns, dental bridges, or dentures
- Are biocompatible, made with titanium metal and other materials
- Are simple to care for, just as natural teeth are
- Provide a natural replacement option for a permanently lost or extracted adult tooth
- Ensure proper functionality for eating and speaking
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
Dental implants are a wonderful solution for many of our patients. We encourage individuals who are interested in replacing missing teeth with dental implants to consult with Dr. John Highsmith to see if they are a possibility. Dr. John Highsmith will take several x-rays to ensure patients have the proper bone structure to support successful placement of a dental implant.
Dr. John Highsmith of Clyde, NC is pleased to offer dental implants
If you have been considering methods of replacing your teeth that provide permanent repair, contact the practice of Dr. John Highsmith today by calling (828) 627-9282. Our team of providers can evaluate you and determine if you are an appropriate candidate for this or other tooth replacement options. The office is located at 78 Nelson Street and is always accepting new patients.
Posted in: Dental Implants